How To Improve Your Workouts

Hello everyone! Working out can be tough if you aren't motivated or prepared, I have tried several tricks to optimize my workouts and these are the ones that I found that worked!

1. Write down your workout BEFORE you go to the gym. This helps me not to waste time in the gym and not trying to decide what I should do next. Now, I have a journal where I write down my workouts and bring to the gym. I like writing my workouts on paper rather than on my phone so I don't get distracted. I would recommend showing your workout to somebody to make sure that it is challenging enough and manageable.

2. Have a gym bag. I bring a gym bag to carry my clothes, workout journal, etc. It helps me keep track of my items and not forget something at the gym. I highly recommend keeping a small bag in your gym bag for necessities such as deodorant, hair ties, etc.

3. Wear something that you're confident and comfortable in! I swear this helps me have more motivation if I'm wearing a cute sports bra or shorts.

4. Listen to music that makes you motivated. I have a playlist that I ONLY listen to when I'm working out. This makes me excited to work out so I can listen to the music. I listen to upbeat music that makes me want to push harder! Find what you love and make a playlist.

5. Try to figure out if you work harder with a workout buddy or just by yourself. For me, I get distracted if I have someone working out with me so I prefer working out alone. However, everyone is different! If you do have a workout buddy, make sure you guys push each other and limit talking. Go to the gym to work hard!

6. Don't do the same workouts. Find new exercises, go up a high level/time/set next time you go, don't stick with the same thing!

7. Add some type of cardio. Every time I go to the gym, I do at least 30 minutes of cardio BEFORE I do any other workouts. This helps me get a good sweat, stretch my muscles, and keep my muscles flexible. I prefer doing the treadmill because I love to run!

8. If you eat before going to the gym, wait for your body to have time to digest. The worst feeling is when you have a side cramp because you ate right before you went to the gym.

9. Have a clear idea of what you are going to eat after the gym. After working out, you are probably starving. The worst thing to do is raid the pantry with junk food and gain the calories back that you just burned. Try to have an idea of what you will eat so you won't overeat or make unhealthy choices!

10. Bring a sweat towel! I get super sweaty when I workout so I also try to have a sweat towel with me to cool off. And of course, have a water bottle with you when you workout.

Hope these tips help! What are some of your routines when working out?
-Gabby



Comments

Popular Posts