How to Stay Motivated in the Gym

Hello everyone! I LOVE going to the gym but there are some days that I am feeling lazy and uninspired. These are some tips that I have learned that have kept me working hard in the gym, always pushing myself, and loving exercise.

I love the gym because I love to feel myself working hard, sweating, and pushing my limits! I find confidence in myself when I exercise and love to workout as much as possible!

1. Find positive and motivating music to listen to. On my Spotify running playlist, I try to have popular songs that I like and make me want to dance. I love music and my workouts go by faster when I'm listening to something!

2. Find a welcoming and hard-working environment. I switched gyms about a month ago because I did not like how I felt unwelcome at my old gym and how picky the employees were. I switched to Landing Fitness and everyone there is very encouraging and I love the gym environment! Find a gym or place where you can work out and be confident and welcomed.

3. Keep your goals in mind. There are some days where I don't want to go to the gym, but I keep reminding myself of my goals or why this is important to me. Make small and big goals for yourself and remind your self every day of those goals and why you are at the gym!

4. This is a small tip but my Apple Watch keeps me motivated to exercise in order to reach my standing, moving, and exercise goals! If you are curious, I have the Apple Watch Series 3 38MM aluminum case. I love it so much!

5. Remind yourself that exercise reduces stress! Sometimes I think I can't work out because I have too much homework. Even if you only exercise for 30 minutes you will feel better afterward and your body won't be as stiff and achy.

6. Remember that results won't appear overnight! It takes dedication and hard work to see good results, but if you keep working hard you will start to see it!

What keeps you motivated? What music do you listen to in the gym?
-Gabby

Comments

Popular Posts