How to Plan Your Workouts


The gym. I feel like sometimes women get paranoid about going to the gym and working out.
What will I do at the gym?
How do I use the machines?
What if I mess up and everyone sees me fail?

These questions filled my mind when I first started going to the gym; however, through trial and error I’ve figured out my strategy for going to the gym and how to make the most of my time!
1. Research-I started my fitness journey by looking up workouts on Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram. I follow Gymshark athletes, fitness coaches, and trainers. I watch videos and tutorials on workouts and machines and tried them out when I was at the gym! Here are some of my favorite people that have helped me try new workouts at the gym!

Instagram& Youtube: Ashleigh
Ashleigh posts daily workouts and fitness tips for all types of workouts! Good quality and she always has fresh content.

Instagram&Youtube: Maddie
Maddie is a world traveler and does most of her workouts with little to no equipment! She has great content about food and fitness and is very positive!

Instagram&Youtube: Sarah
Sarah has amazing content about food, fitness, lifestyle, and clothing! She also has a podcast (The Health Code) that I listen to all the time. Highly recommend watching some of her Youtube videos!

On my Pinterest account, I have a fitness board! I pin workout ideas and circuits to help me come up with ideas for my workouts! Click here to view my Fitness board.

2. Have a plan.
Every time I go to the gym, I bring my workout journal. The night before I go to the gym I plan what I'm going to do the next day! This helps me not slack off and waste time! I get my workout ideas from Pinterest and Instagram!

3. Ask for help.
Asking someone that works at the gym or somebody that you see at the gym all the time can help you so much! Don't be afraid to ask for advice or help.

4. Observe!
Next time you're at the gym, observe what other people are doing and if it is effective! Seeing what other people do in the gym can inspire you to do similar workouts. Also, seeing people at the gym can make you question if you are truly giving 100% effort or if you are slacking.

Comments

Popular Posts