Healthy Summer Snacks

Hello everyone! The snacks that I eat throughout the day change overtime. I already have a post about snacks that I eat; however, I have found new snacks that I enjoy and thought that I would share them!

1. Chickpeas
Where do I start?! Chickpeas are delicious. They have protein, magnesium, Vitamin B-6, iron, etc. I have been eating roasted chickpeas from Bienna, you can find them at health food stores! I try to only eat a handful when I snack on them.
2. Hummus + Celery
I am an extremely picky eater. I used to hate hummus when I was younger; however, I have grown to love it! Hummus (which is made with chickpeas) is a good source of protein. I like eating celery with it since it is rich with vitamins and minerals!
3. Almond butter
I have tennis practice every day for 3 hours. When we take our snack break, I bring a RXBAR to-go almond butter packet to eat! I eat it by itself (it's that good) and it keeps me satisfied for the rest of practice. Click here to view the almond butter packets on Amazon. Also, eating almond butter with fruit such as apples and bananas is great too!
4. Watermelon
During the day, I need to stay hydrated. Watermelon is the perfect snack because it is 92% percent water! Plus, it is low in calories. A pound of watermelon is 100 calories.
5. Mixed nuts
A handful of mixed nuts is a good source of protein and healthy fats! I love almonds, cashews, pecans, and pistachios.
6. Frozen bananas
Yes. Frozen bananas are amazing! Try cutting a banana into small bite sizes and stick it in the freezer.
7. RXBAR or KIND protein bars
I mentioned these in my other healthy snacks blog post; however, these are too good! RXBAR has a variety of flavors and 12 grams of protein. KIND has gluten free protein bars that have 6 grams of protein. Both are delicious and can be found everywhere!
8. Apple/banana + almond butter + chia seeds
Slice a banana or apple, drizzle almond butter over it, then sprinkle chia seeds on top. You get carbohydrates, protein, and fiber!

I hope that these snack ideas help!
Love,
Gabby

Comments

Popular Posts