The Best Shrimp Stirfry

After a long day of hiking, my family and I came home starving and wanted to make a fast and easy dinner. I grabbed a bag of shrimp, some spices, and modified a shrimp stirfry recipe that I found on the internet... it was amazing! Shrimp have lots of protein and I added red and orange baby peppers to add some fiber. Plus I added a secret ingredient that made the shrimp have a bread crust covered texture...ground up flax seed! I saw it in the cabinet and thought why not add it in the stirfry? Turned out to be really good and added lots of fiber to the dinner! You can find grounded up flax seed at Walmart!

Before the shrimp was completely cooked
Ingredients:
  • shrimp (I kept the tails on but feel free to remove them)
  • peppers (add any other veggies to it if you'd like!)
  • garlic powder
  • cayenne pepper powder
  • Steak seasoning (whatever seasoning brand you prefer)
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Ground flaxseed
After the shrimp was cooked
Directions:
  1. Drizzle some olive oil on a pan and heat it on high
  2. When the oil is boiling, add the shrimp and peppers
  3. Season the shrimp and peppers with the cayenne, garlic powder, and steak seasoning (TIP: not too much on the cayenne if you don't like super spicy foods)
  4. Add the ground flaxseed over the pan, notice how it starts to stick to the shrimp
  5. Stir occasionally until the shrimp is cooked {via}
That's it! It was super simple and delicious! Pair it with rice or noodles and you are good to go!

Love,
Gabby

Comments

Popular Posts