Why I Changed My Major

Big news...I changed my major! I was majoring in biological engineering and I was hating it. I was not excited for my classes, no motivation to research job opportunities in the field, and I was not following my passion. A week before classes started I decided to switch majors and start over. I have taken Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Calculus 3, Physics 1, and Physics 2. None of these classes are required for my new major which is...Nutrition and Dietetics!



Whenever I have free time I am going on hikes, swimming, listening to fitness podcasts, writing blog posts, and researching everything from vitamins to the benefits of eating animal products. I noticed that I never bothered researching anything about biological engineering, not even possible job opportunities. My boyfriend, who is doing Pre-Med, reads his organic chemistry textbook during his free time, not kidding. I realized I need to follow my passion and get a degree in something that I want to learn about.

I cannot wait to start taking nutrition classes where I will be able to use what I have learned in class and apply it to my Instagram account and blog. I hope to have more knowledge about nutrition, diets, individual needs, and counseling skills in order to help people in person as well as helping people on my blog. 

This journey will be exciting and I can't wait to grow as a person!

Xoxo,

Gabby


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts