Air Fryer Guide: Recipes and Tips

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I am OBSESSED with my air fryer. I have been meaning to make an air fryer guide for a long time and here we are! Today I am talking about what kind of air fryer I recommend, basic tips for using an air fryer, and my favorite recipes! Hope you enjoy this post! Save this link on your phone home screen or bookmark it so you can view these recipes next time you are making a meal!



What Airfryer I Recommend

All air fryers on the market are pretty much the same, but the one I use is on Amazon and is very easy to use. Click here to view the air fryer on Amazon!

Tips for Using an Airfryer:

1. Unless the recipe tells you not to, always preheat your air fryer before putting your food in the basket. 

My air fryer has a preheat button that automatically sets the degree to 400 and preheats for 5 minutes but I can adjust the temperature if necessary.

2. I recommend shaking the air fryer basket every 4 minutes unless a recipe tells you a specific time.

When you are cooking food in the air fryer, you have to shake the basket so the food won't burn and food at the top can be mixed around and get heated up. My air fryer allows me to pull out the basket while it is cooking, shake it for a few seconds, then put the basket back in the fryer to continue cooking. 

3. Make sure to clean the bottom dish and basket of the air fryer when you are done.

The basket is where the food is at and the bottom dish is where excess oil is at. Clean both because oil, spices, crumbs, etc are likely on the basket and bottom dish!

4. The time range of how long you cook the food will depend on how much food you are making. 

When I make a big patch of potatoes in the air fryer, it takes 16-18 minutes to cook. When I make 1-2 servings of potatoes, it takes 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on the food when you are cooking the food to make sure you don't overcook it. 

Favorite Recipes:

Air Fried Potatoes:

Ingredients:
-sweet potatoes or white potatoes (I like using gemstone mini potatoes)
-extra virgin olive oil
-cinnamon (if you're using sweet potatoes)
-minced garlic, salt, parsley, and rosemary (if you are using white potatoes)

Directions:
1. Chop up the potatoes and put them in a bowl, preheat the fryer for 400 for 5 minutes
2. Add olive oil (just enough to evenly coat the potatoes)
3. Add the spices for the sweet potatoes or white potatoes
4. Fry the potatoes for 12-18 minutes, depending on how much you are making, shaking the fryer every 4 minutes at 400 degrees. The pictures below show sweet potatoes and white potatoes.


Air Fried Vegetables

Ingredients:
-frozen or fresh vegetables (I like broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, etc)
-extra virgin olive oil
-garlic powder and Cavender's seasoning

Directions:
1. Put the vegetables in a bowl, preheat air fryer for 370 degrees for 5 minutes
2. Add extra virgin olive oil, just enough to evenly coat
3. Add garlic powder and Cavender's seasoning
4. Fry the vegetables for 8-12 minutes, shaking the bowl every 4 minutes
5. If you are using frozen vegetables, it may take longer to cook
6. When the vegetables are getting close to being done, check them every 2 minutes until they are cooked
7. I love to make my vegetables crispy, but feel free to experiment with how much you want them cooked!

Air Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
-raw chicken tenders 
-extra virgin olive oil
-salt, pepper, minced garlic, Cavender's seasoning

Directions:
1. Preheat air fryer for 370 degrees for 5 minutes, put the chicken tenders in a bowl (I don't cut up the tenders but you can if you'd like)
2. Add the oil and spices to the bowl with the chicken
3. Cook the chicken for 14-18 minutes on 370, shaking the basket every 4 minutes
4. Cook until they are to your liking, below is a picture of how I like to cook them!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I use my air fryer almost every day to make healthy and delicious food, let me know if you try any of these recipes! Don't forget to subscribe to the blog so you don't miss any posts!



Comments

Popular Posts